Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Ryan!


My boyfriend is a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan so I attempted a red velvet cake with butter cream frosting shaped like Cthulhu.
Everything was great until I began adding the fondant, the face began pulling down and tearing off so I quickly supported the tentacles with a small tea tin (Whatever I could find first) and put it in the freezer.

Noooooo quit falling!!! I felt like I was on Extreme Food Network Challenge but the prize was my sanity.
After about 45 minutes chilling out, the fondant relaxed and I removed the support leaving creepy stable tentacles.
I added some sesame seeds for eyes, green food coloring to cover those icky rips in the fondant and for some texture.

And voila! Your very own Cthulhu cake, complete with a Call of Cthulhu quote.

1 comment:

  1. Sanity Destroying Cthulhu Cake for the win!

    ReplyDelete